Give Your Pets Dog Food According to Their Breed and Age
Are you looking for a premium brand of dog food? Do you want maximum and balanced nutrition in every scoop of kibble? If you have answered yes to the above two questions, you should consider our Karoo range of dog food.
Manufactured locally according to the pet food safety standards of the Pet Food Industry Association of South Africa, of which we are a member, the dog food in this range contains nutrient-rich meat proteins, supplemented with vitamins. The kibble is also rich in antioxidants for immune system support.
Your pets are part of the family. As such, you want to feed them the same high-quality food that your human family members enjoy. Every ingredient in the dog food from this range is good enough to include in your pantry.
We offer kibble according to age. By feeding your canines kibble according to their breed’s size and their age, you give them nutrition to meet their dietary requirements.
Small-Breed Puppy Food
The smaller kibble is bite-sized to ensure easy digestibility for smaller dogs. The formulation includes:
- 26,5% protein for muscle development.
- 14% fat to meet their energy requirements and provide flavour.
- 1,3% calcium and 0,8% phosphorus for strong teeth and bones.
- 0,1% DHA for brain and eye development.
- 4,5% probiotics to sustain good gut health and thereby support digestion and the immune system.
Large-Breed Puppy Food
As with the small-breed puppy food, the kibble for large puppies is full of texture to help keep their teeth clean and free of tartar build-up. The kibbles are slightly larger to fit the mouth sizes and dietary needs of larger puppies. The formulation includes, but is not limited to:
- 26% protein for muscle development.
- 12% fat for energy supply and taste.
- 0,1% DHA for vision and brain development.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin for cartilage and bone development support.
Adult Dog Food
Adult canines require less protein because their muscles have already developed. They also require less fat than the energetic puppies. As such, the formulation contains a combination of ingredients in a ratio that sustains their muscle and energy needs without adding unnecessary fat to their diets. This dog food includes:
- 22% protein for muscle support.
- 12% fat for energy and taste.
- Prebiotics for a healthy gut and immune system.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin for cartilage and bone support.
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, as well as zinc, for the skin and coat.
- Antioxidants to support their immune systems.
- 1,4% calcium and 0,9% phosphorus for strong teeth and bones.
Senior Dog Food
Older dogs have slower metabolisms. As such, they tend to gain weight easily. To this end, it is essential to adapt their diets to ensure that their nutritional needs are met without causing weight problems. The larger the breed of dog, the earlier you need to switch the diet to the senior dog food range. The added chondroitin and glucosamine give the necessary joint and cartilage support for the ageing animals. Good nutrition is essential at this stage to help them enjoy good health even at their senior age. This range includes:
- 22% protein for muscle support.
- 9% fat, as the content needs to be lower for weight management.
- 5% prebiotics for digestive support.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin for joint and cartilage support.
- 1% calcium and 0,7% phosphorus for teeth and bone support.
- L-lysine and L-carnitine for metabolism support.
- Antioxidants for immune system support.
As can be seen from the above information, our dog food in this range provides optimal nutrition according to the age and size of your pet. Give your pets everything they need in their food to sustain good health. You can also add wet food to their diets for variety and to ensure that they get additional moisture in their diets. Our wet food range is also perfectly balanced and packed with nutrition. In addition, we provide a range of healthy treats to reward them for good behaviour, add to their diets, and simply to show a bit of love.
Regardless of the breed size or age, you can rest assured that every bowl full of dog food in this range is balanced for sustained good nutrition for your dog.
Back to Articles.